Informational night for the parents who would like to learn more about American schools and effective parent- teacher communication.
Join us for an information-filled presentation that answer many of your questions around your child’s education and how you can be more involved in it.
From a National Board Certified teacher, Jeromie Heath you will learn:
What your child is learning:
• What is Common Core and how does it work?
• Where do I find out what skills my child needs to know?
How your child is graded:
• What is the 1,2,3,4 grading system?
• What opportunities and resources does my child have at each level?
How to read reports (like STAR scores):
• How do I read STAR reports?
• How do I read Reading levels?
Questions to ask teachers NOW and throughout the year:
• What questions should I be asking my child’s teacher now?
• What questions should I be asking my child’s teacher throughout the year?
What to ask at Parent Conferences:
• What questions should I be asking my child’s teacher at parent conferences?
• What should I expect from the teacher?
Choose “going” status and checkout a free ticket on the website.
Pm if you’d like to have an interpreter, it is a big chance we will be able to find an interpreter upon request.